how to cook senegalese mafe
Answered : fatou boye on 8 Jun 2016 @ 02:08 PM
- Step 1: Things you will need
Meat of your choice
Unsweetened peanut butter
- Step 2: To cook mafe you need to take the meat you prefer to have. In this case we can say it's chicken. So next you need to make seasoning that is called roofe in Wolof. So to make the roofe you need to take the garlic, onion, pepper, maggi and some vegetables like turnip, then put salt and blend it.
- Step 3: Then cut some part of the chicken and put some of roofe in and this is called nokkos in senegal.
Then take the pan and put oil in it and wait until it's medium hot then, put the chicken in and keep turning it around until it's well cooked.
- Step 4: Next you want to take the chicken out and put onion on it. And wait until it's reddish and after put the tomato until is mixed up with the onion. Next you put water in it based on how much you rice you want it to cook.
Finally you wait until the water is hot and then you will put the peanut butter in it and keep moving it, until you know it's all cooked. Next you put your vegetables in and the chicken as well until it's all cooked and ready to eat.
- Step 5: Last you just make a separate dish of a white rice. And put water in a different pan and put water and oil in the pan and wait until is hot. Then you put salt and the rice in it and keep moving it until the rice is cooked.