How to play Blackjack
Answered : Sheena A. on 4 Feb 2012 @ 03:25 PM
- Step 1: The dealer will deal you one card >> then one card to him/herself (this card will be showing so that you can see it) >> then one card to you >> and then another one to him/herself that you will not be able to see
- Step 2: You then have to compare your hand (your two cards) to the card showing of the dealer
A = 1 or 11
Jack, Queen, King = 10
A + Jack/Queen/King = 21 a.k.a. Blackjack
Your goal is to get as close to 21 as possible. You want to have more than the dealer or make the dealer bust (meaning the dealer will have more than 21)
- Step 3: Based off of your hand, you will choose to either Double, Hit, or Stand
Double = the dealer gives you another card that is turned face down (you will not be able to see the card you are dealt). Most people recommend to only double down when you have 10 or 11 showing because you have a chance of getting an A (11) or 10/Jack/Queen/King (10), which means you'll have 21.
Hit = the dealer will deal you another car (this card will be face up). You can hit until you are satisfied or until you bust.
Stand = you are happy with the number you have. Most people standing when they have 17+ or if they dealer has 6 or less showing
- Step 4: The dealer will then turn over the one card that was not showing in his/her hand
- Step 5: If the dealer has 17+, everyone with less than 17 loses - everyone with the same amount as the dealer will get a "Push", meaning they neither win or loss - and everyone with more than the dealer (but less than 21), wins.
If the dealer has 16-, he/she will pull another card. You are hoping that this card will be 6+ because that means that the dealer has busted (dealer loses) and you win
If the dealer has 21, you automatically lose